SMi Report, 21st Annual Pain Therapeutics Virtual Conference will explore cutting edge drug discovery science, key clinical-stage pain therapies in the pipeline
LONDON, CENTRAL LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM, January 14, 2021 /EINPresswire.com/ — SMi Group are pleased to announce the 21st Annual Pain Therapeutics Conference, taking place as a virtual conference with online access only on 11th – 11th May 2021.
The conference will focus on looking into research within pain therapeutics. In particular, the long-term (HEAL) initiative will be discussed and its role in advancing research to reduce the risks of opioid use and misuse and improve pain management, thereby reducing reliance on opioids and the national opioid public health crisis. Talks will also address the importance of sex, gender and race in pain research, including biomarkers, molecular targets, clinical and experimental models of pain.
The conference also address cutting edge drug discovery science, preclinical development trends, analysis of key clinical-stage pain therapies, with a focus on highlighting the importance of biomarker discovery and its contribution to early stage studies on pain. This will be topped off with a panel debate on rethinking pain clinical trials during the COVID-19 pandemic. And further look into treating painful osteoarthritis of the knee with a novel anti NGF, anti-TNFa bispecific fusion protein as well as therapeutic novelties signifying a paradigm shift in migraine prevention.
• Discover which innovative new therapies are driving clinical development including case studies from Novaramed and Vapogenix
• Examine the best strategies to generate more funding in pain research clinical trials to eliminate the issue of underfunding
• Explore how COVID-19 has changed the experience of clinical trials and presented an opportunity to reform the way we approach data verification, data analysis and data collection
• Understand the role of biomarkers in evaluating target engagement of new drugs and predicting analgesic efficacy
• Virtual Conference Benefits include virtual exhibition booths packed with information, networking features to chat and share contact details with other attendees, and virtual meetings and networking socials.
The conference is chaired by Michael Scherz, Founder and CEO, Metys Pharma and Naheed Mirza, Early Development Pain & CNS Specialist
• Iain Chessell, Global Head of Neuroscience, Biopharmaceuticals Research & Development, AstraZeneca
• Mikhail Kalinichev, Director, in vivo Neurology, Ipsen
• Dalma Sugar, Director Medical Affairs, Teva Pharmaceuticals
• Achim Kless, Pain Genetics Lead, Eli Lilly
• Jun Chen, Senior Scientist, Genentech
• Richard Malamut, Chief Medical Officer and EVP, Collegium Pharmaceuticals
• Guido Koopmans, Chief Scientific Officer, Algiax Pharmaceuticals
• Randall Kaye, Chief Medical Officer, Neurana Pharmaceuticals
The full agenda and speaker line-up can be viewed online at http://www.pain-therapeutics.co.uk/pr1
Proudly sponsored by: Transpharmation
For sponsorship enquiries contact Alia Malick on +44 (0)20 7827 6164 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For media enquiries, contact Simi Sapal on +44 (0) 20 7827 6162 or email@example.com
SMi’s 21st Annual Pain Therapeutics Virtual Conference
Conference: 10th – 11th May 2021
Virtual Conference: Online Access Only
— ENDS –
About SMi Group:
Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops, Masterclasses and online Communities. We create and deliver events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical industries. We pride ourselves on having access to the world’s most forward-thinking opinion leaders and visionaries, allowing us to bring our communities together to Learn, Engage, Share and Network. More information can be found at http://www.smi-online.co.uk
email us here
Source: EIN Presswire