Gamma Knife Market By Disease Indication, By Region, and Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, And Forecasts (2018–2023)
HYDERABAD, TELANGANA, INDIA, December 5, 2018 /EINPresswire.com/ — Gamma knife is a radiation therapy which is highly concentrated towards spinal or brain cancer. It comprises a high-dose radiation therapy in a single treatment.
Radiation therapy is a technique which involves precise delivery of high doses of radiation to tumors and other applicable anatomical targets. Gamma Knife is primarily utilized to treat arteriovenous abnormalities, acoustic neuroma, brain tumors, trigeminal neuralgia, and pituitary tumors. Despite its name, the Gamma Knife isn't a knife but is a device that releases a single, sharply focused, high dose of radiation to its target, while leaving little or no damage to the proximate tissue, and is usually completed in a few hours. Usually, aberrations measuring less than 3 centimeters, or 1 inch in diameter, can be treated with the Gamma Knife. The technique is implemented in leading hospitals globally, with more than 70,000 patients treated every year.
Dynamics considered in assessing a patient for Gamma Knife treatment consist of elements such as the patient's age and overall medical state, location and size of the brain abnormality, and previously undertaken procedures.
The Global Gamma Knife Market as per Market Data Forecast, Inc. report is predicted to reach USD 349.8 Million by 2023 with a CAGR of 8.79% from the current value of USD 229.55 Million.
The primary factors contributing to the growth of the gamma knife market development are growing incidence rates of cancer, brain tumors, and other neurological ailments, snowballing preference for minimally invasive surgeries (MIS), a positive view among healthcare providers with respect to the procedure, and the advantage of minimal radiation exposure to the patient.
However, lack of proper specialists is the key factor hampering the growth of the gamma knife market. Furthermore, the high cost of implementation and low equipment accessibility in emerging markets is also restricting the market growth. The cost issue has persisted to be a longstanding challenge, however, it is anticipated that technological advancements will lead to a drop in price over the next decade.
The full report provides a deep insight into the global market of gamma knife including its share, size, trends, analysis, and forecast along with the accurate information of its regional presence and competitive landscape. The global gamma knife market is divided on the basis of disease indication and geographical region.
Based on disease indication, the brain metastasis segment is expected to lead the category, accounting for more than 60% of the overall share of the market. CT scans and MRIs are increasingly being utilized to detect brain metastases faster and more often than ever before. The Gamma Knife is acting as a potent, minimally invasive tool in treating brain tumors, including those deep inside the brain structure that were earlier believed to be untreatable.
Based on the geographical distribution, the international market is divided into the regions of North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East and Africa. North America is presently leading the overall global gamma knife market, led by the United States market. On the other hand, Asia-Pacific is anticipated to grow exceedingly during the forecast period, primarily driven by the emerging healthcare markets of China, India, Japan, and South Korea.
The major players in the global gamma knife market include Varian Medical Systems, Elekta AB, Cyber Medical Corporation Ltd., Huiheng Medical Inc., Masep Infini Global, Inc., Hokai, Nordion Inc., ET Medical group, and American Shared Hospital Services.
Scope of the report:
• Global, regional and country-level analysis and forecasts of the study market; providing Insights on the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and to also identify the untapped regions.
• Segment-level analysis in terms of technology, component, and type along with market size forecasts and estimations to detect key areas of industry growth in detail
• Identification of key drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges (DROC) in the market and their impact on shifting market dynamics
• Study of the effect of exogenous and endogenous factors that affect the global market; which includes broadly demographic, economics, and political, among other macro-environmental factors presented in an extensive PESTLE Analysis
• Study the micro environment factors that determine the overall profitability of an Industry, using Porter’s five forces analysis for analyzing the level of competition and business strategy development
• A comprehensive list of key market players along with their product portfolio, current strategic interests, key financial information, legal issues, SWOT analysis and analyst overview to study and sustain the market environment
• Competitive landscape analysis listing out the mergers, acquisitions, collaborations in the field along with new product launches, comparative financial studies and recent developments in the market by the major companies
• An executive summary, abridging the entire report in such a way that decision-making personnel can rapidly become acquainted with background information, concise analysis and main conclusions
Market Data Forecast is a firm working in market research and business intelligence. With rich experience in research across various business domains, we cater to the needs of both individual and corporate clients. With a well-established in-house team of experts from diverse fields and outsource research network across 100+ countries, we are the sole research providers for most of Fortune 500 companies. Along with the standards of reports being on par excellence, our unique services like free customization, analyst support for the period of six months post to the purchase will be the flag bearers and differentiates us from the rest.
Sales Manager (International Business Development)
Market Data Forecast
Direct Line: +1-888-702-9626
Mobile: +91 998 555 0206
Market Data Forecast
email us here
Source: EIN Presswire