LONDON, GREATER LONDON, UK, November 24, 2017 /EINPresswire.com/ — Currently the largest markets for drugs that treat diseases such as arthritis, osteoporosis, osteomalacia, carpal tunnel syndrome and muscular dystrophy are in countries such as the USA, Japan and China, while the markets in two of the four BRICs (Brazil and Russia) have lagged behind much of the rest of the world. While this won’t change any time soon, three of the BRICs (Brazil, Russia and India) have high recent and expected growth rates for musculoskeletal drugs and so will move up the table of consumer countries for these drugs.
The USA’s high per capital health spend as well as its 300 million plus population explain its 22% share of the global market for musculoskeletal drugs, while Japan’s ageing population and large economy help explain why it accounts for the second largest market for these drugs. In the case of China, of course, its 1.4 billion population is a large part of the reason for its third place in this market, with sales nearly double those in Europe’s largest consuming country, Germany.
Growth, however, is a different story. While the USA’s has been the fastest-growing over the last few years at nearly 20% per year, that is set to fall to only 4% annually going forward. Brazil, India and Russia, however, starting from a tiny base, will see their recent growth rates of 10% per year or more continue or accelerate over the next few years.
Globally, the market for musculosketal drugs is growing at over 7% year on year. This compares with growth rates around 5% for pharmaceuticals in general.
The benefits of growth in these markets will be widely distributed. Although the leading manufacturers of these drugs are the Swiss company Hoffmann-La Roche, the British GlaxoSmithKline and the USA’s Pfizer, they only account for around 6% of global sales. Small pharma companies in the emerging economies and generic drugs account for the majority of sales of these products.
Where to Learn More
Read Musculoskeletal Disorders Drugs Market Global Report 2017 from The Business Research Company for information on the following:
Markets Covered: Rheumatoid Arthritis, Muscle Relaxants, Others
Companies Mentioned: AbbVie, Amgen, Johnson & Johnson, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, and Pfizer Inc.
Countries: Brazil, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Spain, Russia, UK, USA and Australia.
Regions: Asia-Pacific, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, North America, South America, Middle East And Africa
Time series: Five years historic and forecast.
Data: Ratios of market size and growth to related markets, GDP, Expenditure Per Capita, The Musculoskeletal Disorders Drugs Indicators Comparison.
Data segmentations: country and regional historic and forecast data, market share of competitors, market segments.
Sourcing and Referencing: Data and analysis throughout the report is sourced using end notes.
Interested to know more? Here is a full scope of Biologics and Pharmaceutical Drugs Market reports to explore:
1. Biologics Market Global Report 2017 (https://www.thebusinessresearchcompany.com/our-research/healthcare/pharmaceuticals/biologics-market-global-report-2017/)
2. Gastrointestinal Drugs Market Global Report 2017 (https://www.thebusinessresearchcompany.com/our-research/healthcare/pharmaceuticals/gastrointestinal-drugs-market-global-report-2017/)
3. Cardiovascular Drugs Market Global Report 2017 (https://www.thebusinessresearchcompany.com/our-research/healthcare/pharmaceuticals/cardiovascular-drugs-market-global-report-2017/)
4. Dermatology Drugs Market Global Report 2017 (https://www.thebusinessresearchcompany.com/our-research/healthcare/pharmaceuticals/dermatology-drugs-market-global-report-2017/)
5. Anti-infective Drugs Market Global Report 2017 (https://www.thebusinessresearchcompany.com/our-research/healthcare/anti-infective-drugs-market-global-report-2017/)
6. Genito-Urinary Drugs Market Global Report 2017 (https://www.thebusinessresearchcompany.com/our-research/healthcare/pharmaceuticals/genito-urinary-drugs-market-global-report-2017/)
7. Hematology Drugs Market Global Report 2017 (https://www.thebusinessresearchcompany.com/our-research/healthcare/pharmaceuticals/hematology-drugs-market-global-report-2017/)
8. Metabolic Disorder Drugs Market Global Report 2017 (https://www.thebusinessresearchcompany.com/our-research/healthcare/pharmaceuticals/metabolic-disorders-drugs-market-global-report-2017/)
9. Central Nervous System Drugs Market Global Report 2017 (https://www.thebusinessresearchcompany.com/our-research/healthcare/pharmaceuticals/central-nervous-system-drugs-market-global-report-2017/)
10. Ophthalmology Drugs Market Global Report 2017 (https://www.thebusinessresearchcompany.com/our-research/healthcare/pharmaceuticals/ophthalmology-drugs-market-global-report-2017/)
11. Pharmaceutical Drugs Market Global Report 2017 (https://www.thebusinessresearchcompany.com/our-research/healthcare/pharmaceuticals/pharmaceutical-drugs-market-global-report-2017/)
12. Respiratory Drugs Market Global Report 2017 (https://www.thebusinessresearchcompany.com/our-research/healthcare/pharmaceuticals/respiratory-diseases-drugs-market-global-report-2017/)
13. Oncology Drugs Market Global Report 2017 (https://www.thebusinessresearchcompany.com/our-research/healthcare/pharmaceuticals/oncology-drugs-market-global-report-2017/)
About The Business Research Company
Visit TheBusinesResearchCompany.com. The Business Research Company is a market research and intelligence company which excels in company, market and consumer research. It has research professionals at its office in the UK, India, and the US as well a network of trained researchers globally. It has specialist consultants in a wide range of industries including manufacturing, healthcare, financial services and technology. The Business Research Company’s management have more than 20 years of varied business research experience. They have delivered hundreds of research projects to the senior management of some of the world’s largest organizations. The Business Research Company’s Consultant have master’s qualifications from top institutes and include MBAs, MSCs, CFAs and CAs. The Business Research Company’s Consultants gain training and qualifications from the market Research Society and are trained in advanced research practices, techniques, and ethics.
The Business Research Company
+44 744 3439350
email us here
Source: EIN Presswire